8144 - Developer III Specialized (Java / J2EE)
Location: Washington, DC
• Performs high complexity (i.e. system level applications) analysis, design, development and unit testing of software applications from user requirements and design documents. The candidate also resolves defects encountered during various testing cycles.
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
• Provide technical guidance or consultation to less senior staff. Serve as technical lead on projects to develop more accurate or refined analytical applications.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• 7-10 years’ experience required
• Expertise using Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Tiles, XML, Rest Web services Oracle and related technologies.
• Hands on experience working with UNIX, Linux, SQL and RDBMS, experience using shell scripting
• Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large scale AWS (Amazon Web Services) projects from end-to-end
• Must be a self-starter and motivate to learn new technique
• Experience working cashflow, pricing models and large multi TB data sets
• Experience in financial services/banking industry required; mortgage industry experience preferred