8152 - Business Analyst I
Location: Herndon, VA
An experienced Business Analyst with substantial experience in supporting projects related to business process improvement or software development. The analyst should be well accustomed to approaching members of a user community and engaging them via a range of channels – interviews, meetings, focus groups, surveys, etc. – for the purpose of understanding operations and requirements in development of a technology and/or process solution. Experience in recording the feedback and outcomes from user engagement into formal requirements documentation is a must. Experience in translating requirements into use cases and test scripts is also required. Preference will be given to Business Analysts that also have project coordination/project management experience. Experience in working with technical staff (developers, system administrators, DBAs, test engineers, etc.) is also a plus.
- Great communication skills: verbal, written, and presentation ability to professionals at all levels
- Well versed in several MS Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, and Visio
- Requirements management: formal composition, traceability implementation, etc.
- Substantial experience in analyzing and documenting processes
- Well versed in one or more methodologies of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Use Case composition
- Familiarity with other tools used in SDLC projects, particularly tools used in Agile modeled development projects: Rally, JIRA, DOORS, Application Lifecycle Management
- Familiarity with Scrum or other Agile methodologies for software development
- Competency with SharePoint
- Familiarity with project management best practices (PMBOK knowledge or PMP certification)
- Work experience at a mortgage banking firm or other financial services company