8203 - Senior Contracts Specialist
Location: McLean, VA
CONTRACT TO HIRE POSITION
The Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Department’s Senior Contracts Specialist oversees the sourcing and selection process, as well as the negotiating, structuring, and management of contractual documents that establish business relationships with vendors for designated categories of goods and/or services required by the company. The Senior Contract Specialist will be part of the IT category management team - Computer Data / Services, Software and Licensing.
• Represent the organization as the principal customer contact on assigned contracts and often performs project leadership role
• Operate as a senior procurement practitioner across a variety of procurements, providing recommendations as to supplier strategy and structuring deals
• Negotiate and execute contracts, statements of work and/or amendments to agreements.
• Drafts, reviews and/or approves documents for protection of the company’s contractual posture and adherence to company policy.
• Contribute to the development of robust and thoughtful statements of work and service level metrics
• Develop Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposals (RFP) for competitive bidding, and communicate terms to prospective suppliers.
• Develop supplier selection criteria and work with key stakeholders in rating competitive bid.
• Involved in providing escalation and administration of contractual matters that may arise on contracts
• Ensure contract compliance with terms and conditions of contracts along with the contract management process
• Be the Partner/Liaison with Legal for Legal/Procurement related topics such as managing Freddie Mac’s contract templates (updating Terms and Conditions)
• Work with Legal to develop Procurement strategies to reduce the chances of contractual risk
• Contribute to development and implementation of enterprise-wide Procurement processes and systems
• Superior negotiation, analytical, decision making, and relationship management skills
• 10+ years relevant experience working in Purchasing, commercial Contract Negotiation and Supplier Management environments.
• BA/BS or appropriate university degree
• Financial Services Procurement experiences
• Broad-based experience in supply chain, procurement, contracts, project management
• Ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of management
• Highly effective written and oral communications
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Understanding of and experience in contract law and applicable legislation
• Ability to work independently
Strong experience negotiating terms for technology deals (software license and cloud computing)
• Paralegal or JD experience preferred
• Sourcing Experience