8420 - Hadoop Administrator (DBA)
Location: McLean, VA
Looking to hire an experienced and knowledgeable Database Administrator (DBA) to become a part of centralized Database Operations and Engineering support group and provide DBA/Admin support on Hadoop platforms using Hortonworks deployment.
• Administer and maintain Hortonworks Hadoop clusters across all environments
• Installation/upgrade/configuration/monitoring of Hortonworks.
• Perform capacity planning and expansion activities working across Infrastructure teams
• Perform cluster maintenance with patching, backup/recovery, user provisioning, automation of routine tasks, troubleshooting of failed jobs, configure and maintain security policies.
• Work with application teams and provide deployment support and troubleshoot development issues around Hadoop eco-system.
• Ability to support emerging NoSQL Database platform using MongoDB.
• Provide 24x7 on-call support for production systems
• In depth understanding of Hadoop ecosystem like HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark, Sqoop, Solr, kafka, oozie, Knox etc.
• Experience in installation/configuration & Upgrade of Hadoop & Mongo clusters from scratch.
• Experience in troubleshooting and analyzing cluster services/component failures and job failures.
• Experience in setup, configuration and management of security for Hadoop/Mongo clusters using Kerberos and integration with LDAP/AD at an Enterprise level.
• Experience with setting up Ranger policies for HDFS and Hive.
• Implementation experience in setting and configuring backup and recovery procedures.
• Implementation experience in setting and configuring High availability and Disaster Recovery procedures.
• Experience in configuration and tuning of various components like HDFS, YARN, Hive, Spark.
• Experience in documenting Runbooks, and other operational documentation.
• In depth knowledge of storage technologies and experience working on Virtual platform (VMware)
• Experience on Unix Shell scripting
• Any experience with RDBMS platforms such as Oracle, Sybase, DB2 & MS-SQL is a big plus
MS SQL Server
7 - 10 Years