8433 - Systems Analyst Senior
Location: McLean, VA
The Senior Systems Analyst/Developer position requires strong analytical skills and would be responsible for reviewing, analyzing business and data requirements to identify technical data and system solutions for new and existing products. This role is with the LAS eSafe program which supports consuming and sharing loan origination data for external customer reporting and analytics.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Identify technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Analyze transactional data and propose solutions for sharing data in federated systems while maintaining data integrity, data quality and data consistency.
- Develop data and process flows for new and existing products.
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Aid and advice to business users in understanding how technical solutions meet business outcomes
- Develop SQL queries for data analysis
- Write technical documentation for the applications including knowledge articles, technical guides, data and process flows.
- Verify database and data integrity.
- Participate as an agile team member
- Assist with compiling and resolving non-functional requirement for product release
- Serve as a liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues.
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline plus 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures used in systems analysis
- Customer service oriented with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong database knowledge with experience using transactional, relational and dimensional data models
- Experience testing application or system software and related products
- Able to demonstrate analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate orally and in writing to different business and technology audiences
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in an environment with changing priorities.