8470 - Deployment Engineer Senior
Location: McLean, VA
• Design and build DevSecOps Capabilities.
• Manage and automate code, infrastructure, and database changes to production and non-production environments.
• Direct interactions with consumption teams to drive adoption and continuous evolution of base offering
• Troubleshooting software application issues. Issues to be resolved require a broad range of troubleshooting skills related to: software functionality, application server setup, database management, data analysis, and third party products.
• Predict effects of configuration changes, identify applications bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance.
• Understand business requirements; participate in requirements analysis; design applications based on system requirements and architecture, prototype if necessary, develop, unit test and deploy application.
• Comply with the department application standards and general industry based Java/JEE based application development principles, theories, concepts, documentation and techniques.
• Contribute and participate in design and code reviews.
• Implement complete Java based application using Freddie development lifecycle.
• Collaborating extensively with peers, Business Analysts, Operations Staff and Department Managers to resolve issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge base that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to system end users.
• Administration of IT Enterprise Incident Management tickets including: Prioritizing numerous issues of varying severity, and working with our technology engineer like network and database engineers to ensure optimal application performance and response times.
• Works closely with project and development teams transitioning production releases
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience
• 5+ years related experience
• Experience building scripts/extensions using Powershell
• Advanced knowledge of system OSs (Windows, Unix, Linux)
• Hands-on experience building release pipelines (CICD) within TFS/VSTS for multiple development languages
• Experience leveraging advanced database concepts leveraging SQL, DB2 databases.
• Experience in web based application servers, IIS, WebLogic and Apache Tomcat
• Innovative approach to execution and providing solutions, likes to take on challenges and working with newer disruptive technologies while understanding how to take calculated risks
• Experience in using infrastructure as code as well as leveraging Cloud technologies for application integration and deployment.
• Experience implementing and using TDD and ATDD approaches to testing
• Experience building robust, modern Unit tests for .NET & Java
• Experience in building advanced automated, and TFS/VSTS integrated acceptance tests using modern techniques and tools (e.g. Selenium)
• Experience building containerized code (Docker) leveraging microservice design and architecture
• Lives the Agile Mindset and is an advocate for promoting the culture surrounding it.
• Strong security focus, leveraging modern secure coding practices along with integrations with DAST/SAST scanning tools within the CICD pipeline.
• Understand business needs, identify solutions, and present and guide the project team and sponsors in identifying best solution
• Extensive experience in collaborating within an Agile team setting, working as a group to drive Epic/Feature/Story creation as well as solution design and architecture.
• Contribute to the enhancement of department application development/delivery standards, tools and processes
• Provide L3 production support that includes evaluate issues, investigate cause(s) and come up with solutions to address defects
• IOs & Android Development Experience
• Splunk integration, leveraging Splunk as a DevSecOps feedback loop
• Strong, working knowledge of design patterns/OOAD
• Experience building TFS/VSTS extensions
• Experience leveraging Cloud Core services for app integration
• Experience transforming execution teams to Agile
• Experience defining GIT Branching strategies as well as leveraging Feature tagging
• Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
• Professional who is motivated and is an effective team player
• Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to convey technology solutions to business partners
• Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as primary goal.
• Quick learner of new technologies and tools.