8486 - Business Analyst II
Location: Washington, DC
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform varied analytical functions for project and expense management to advance the work of the Enterprise Workplace and Security (EWS) department. May conduct research, schedule and plan activities, coordinate and prepare deliverables and communications, and provide training support.
- Create purchase requisitions in the ProcureOne purchasing system for the EWS department. This involves reviewing information with project and vendor managers, understanding approved budgets, applying correct account coding, etc. for a high volume of outsourced activities.
- Aid in the processing of certain payments (i.e. utilities) related to facilities operations. Serve as a principal point of contact in responding to AP inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Assess procedures and business processes in a financial management, accounting, transactional, or business unit operations for methods of automating them or improving existing applications supporting them.
- Provide end-to-end support to project managers by tracking and troubleshooting problems and ensuring continued and efficient operation for its users. May compile budgets considering actual performance, previous expenditures, and estimated expenses. May review, monitor, and analyze expenditures and explain variances.
- Develop analyses, or reports from financial management applications for operations or management staff of assigned business unit.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2-4 years of business experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills are required.
- Must be a detail oriented multi-tasker
- Ability to work effectively with external and internal customers, building strong relationships
- Ability to absorb data / information from multiple sources, apply analytical skills, and provide recommendations to deliver business value
- Strong oral/written communication skills are required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and strong Excel spreadsheet skills are required.
?Previous experience in supporting the operation readiness activities for large-scale initiatives is preferred