8487 - Instructional Designer (Technical Writer III) - DC
Location: Washington, DC
Enterprise Learning & Development group is in need of an instructional designer that is able to develop and deliver curricula using online, face-to-face, and blended learning environments, and will create products for course management systems. The candidate will apply data analytics, knowledge-management skills, and consultation experience to improve learning programs for Fannie Mae Business Lines & Divisions.
The instructional design specialist must be able to identify client needs, create assessment instruments, and design, develop, and deliver appropriate learning solutions. The candidate will collaborate with multimedia developers, instructional technologists, instructional designers, and video production experts to translate learning requirements into effective computer-mediated, blended, and classroom-based programs.
- Lead Fannie Mae centric training projects through the design lifecycle from scoping, research and analysis, design, development, and launch; providing clear timelines through all phases, communicating with key partners, and selecting appropriate measurement for successful implementation;
- Identify learning objectives, performance outcomes, and evaluative strategies to deliver content including consulting with program owners and subject matter experts to identify performance gaps and content requirements;
- Manage the development of instructional materials (tutorials, digital interactives, user guides, audio and video scripts, story boards, navigational text, tests, etc.) that transform technical information into professionally written, engaging instruction;
- Create evaluation framework to identify and monitor metrics that inform and validate training content quality, usage; business impact, and scalability;
- Create partnerships with HR internal teams (HRBP’s, HCP’s) to address learning needs of the business line
- Manage program deliverables within budgetary, resource and scheduling requirements against defined project milestones and deadlines; and
- Be the voice of the customer, ensuring that their needs are at the forefront of our content efforts and help team iterate and improve on our content offering.
5 years of experience developing SharePoint consisting of Web Parts, Lists, Libraries, and Workflows using SharePoint Designer and InfoPath and background coding
- Formal education and/or experience in IT technical subject matter required;
- At least 5 years experience in instructional design, distance learning, corporate training, or a directly related field;
- At least 2 years of project management experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more of the following tools: Articulate Storyline, Lectera, Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), and related SCORM compliant production tools;
- Good communicator with ability to explain complex concepts in plain language, generate enthusiasm, and communicate with all levels of management and staff
- Client oriented and have good customer care skills, understanding clients' needs and concerns
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality/error free deliverables
- Successfully manage multiple tasks involving planned projects and ad-hoc tasks
- Be motivated, independent and self-sufficient, able to see tasks through to completion with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Distance Learning, or related field;
5-7 years experience required