Middleware Engineer Senior - WebLogic, Tomcat / Apache, Administrator (Production Support) - Shift
Location: Reston, VA
Need Production Support Primary On-call resources for the below shifts. This requirement is for the Middleware team that is responsible for build, configuration and administration of Middleware technologies Weblogic, Apache, Tomcat, webMethods, Appian, IIS, MQ and JBoss. Shift resource should work from office location during this time.
Mon-Fri 10am to 6pm
Mon-Fri 1pm to 9pm
Required Technical Skills:
• Min 5 years’ experience with UNIX, WebLogic, Apache (or any webserver) and shell scripting.
• 5-7 years’ experience with Oracle WebLogic, Apache (or any webserver) as administrator, to include installation, configuration, troubleshooting.
• 2-3 years’ installation, configuration and troubleshooting experience in one or more of the following technologies: Tomcat, JBoss, Appian, webMethods
• Ability to troubleshoot production problems, including but not limited to being able to analyze thread dumps and heap dumps, resolve critical security, active directory and system errors.
• Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and implement solutions.
• Strong Unix experience with UNIX shells scripting: Solaris, RedHat Linux.
• Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands, prioritize work, and manage customer expectation.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Work during assigned shift to support Production Incidents and calls
• Work on additional tasks as feasible (builds, configuration, retirements, scripting etc)
• Troubleshoot and Resolve Production Incident tickets in a timely manner
• Be accountable for all Production issues encountered during the shift and help transition pending issues to next shift person
• Accept work from team leads to automate installation steps with scripts and BladeLogic.
• Write documentation for other administrators
• Execute reports on Tickets and problems related to middleware
• Create and provide metrics on change/incidents
• Team player attitude; ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner.
• Participate in meetings with technical staff to discuss issues in plans and strategies.
• Knowledge of infrastructure / network components (Big IP, 3DNS, Firewalls).