Middleware Engineer Specialist (Weblogic/Apache/TomCat)
Location: Reston, VA
A Web Infrastructure Engineer is needed to work with a team responsible for delivery and administration of WebLogic infrastructure in support of business initiatives. Specific activities and associated deliverables include: support the build, configure and retire of WebLogic domains and instances using automation scripts such as WLST and other scripting tools on existing Non-Prod and Prod environments; this also includes assisting in project releases; configure and install other middleware; and automate multiple administration tasks.
Required Technical Skills:
• Min 5 years’ experience with WebLogic, WLST, and shell scripting.
• 5-7 years’ experience with WebLogic as administrator, to include installation, configuration, troubleshooting.
• Experience automating routine WebLogic administrative tasks using WLST, shell scripting, ksh, or other tools.
• Ability to drive automation of middleware products, especially WebLogic, and other middleware.
• Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and implement solutions.
• Strong Unix experience with UNIX shells scripting: Solaris, RedHat Linux.
• Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands, prioritize work, and manage customer expectation.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Create/configure new WebLogic and other middleware instances required by the project teams.
• Create automation for routine support activities like installation, enable/disable adaptors using scripts, BladeLogic or WebLogic.
• Assist development teams as WebLogic SME.
• Perform troubleshooting and/or configuration changes to resolve middleware issues.
• Work with WebLogic vendor to identify product related issues and patches as needed.
• Work with internal vulnerability management team on identification and remediation of security issues.
• Write documentation for other administrators.
• Participate in meetings with technical staff to discuss issues in plans and strategies.
• Perform basic middleware admin support for other technologies supported by the team: WebLogic, apache, tomcat, and others as needed.
• Ensure Freddie Mac’s WebLogic installations meet all security guidelines and control requirements; update configurations as needs to meet security standards and controls
• Participate in on-call rotation, with additional weekend support as required by project releases
• Use of ServiceNow Incident Management.