8549 - Marketing Communications Specialist III
Location: Reston, VA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify ways social media can achieve business goals and objectives.
- Manage and draft content for social media channels and campaigns.
- Write copy in brand voice across platforms.
- Manage interactions on social “community,” posting content and managing discussions
- Advise stakeholders on best practices and campaign/content optimization.
- Partner with internal, external creative teams in developing interactive, engaging content for social media channels.
- Support executive thought leadership on social media.
- Proactively monitor company and industry themes/news and relevant social media for regular engagement opportunities.
- Understand social media metrics in order to track results and provide recommendations.
- Monitor and stay current on competitive landscape, industry best practices, social media tools, and other relevant technologies.
- Foster cooperative, healthy relationships with team members and internal stakeholders.
- Work independently, anticipating client needs and making recommendations for solutions.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in financial services preferred.
- Experience managing brand social media content.
- Experience managing executives’ social media messaging.
- Experience managing editorial calendars across social media channels.
- Experience with social media monitoring and management tools for social listening, publishing, and reporting. (i.e., Spredfast, Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, etc.)
- Experience managing paid social media campaigns.
- Confidence to think creatively, pitch fresh ideas, and identify and solve problems.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Team player with entrepreneurial spirit who’s eager to learn, contribute, and make an impact.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 3-5 years of social media experience in a professional environment (financial services industry experience preferred)