8561 - Business Analyst II
Location: Herndon, VA
Examine, assess, and document business operations and procedures of operating or administrative unit. Relate these procedures to IT/IS systems and applications that are designed to enable the operating unit to accomplish its objectives. Assist operating unit staff by developing reports, downloads, and analyses from discipline-specific systems and applications. Provide input to IT/IS specialists in development projects to assist in developing specifications and functionalities in IT systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assess business operations and processes of assigned office or business unit to understand procedures, information flows and handoffs, decisions, communications pathways and the like.
• Participate in meetings and projects with client staff, project managers, and developers to automate, upgrade, or expand applications that accomplish business operations of assigned work unit(s).
• Create, design, and format requirement specification documentation including architecture diagrams, process flows, and other information or processes needed to describe required system changes for development, QA, and other internal customers.
• Develop queries, analyses, or reports from applications for operations or management staff of assigned business unit(s).
• Provide guidance or technical supervision to less experienced staff performing similar functions.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
4-6 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Strong business and analytical Skills
• Experience creating business requirements using an Agile methodology with User Stories
• Ability to work independently and act as a project lead working with Business Stakeholders to determine system/application requirements and then documenting those requirements in User Stories
• Strong collaboration skill and works well in team settings.
• Excellent Communication and presentation skills.
• Strong attention to detail, well organized and ability to self-prioritize multiple activities.
• Ability to effectively initiate action, collaborates with others, and drives action items to resolution.
• Working knowledge of MS office, Visio, JIRA , and DOORs Requirements Management Tool
• Required experience in Disclosures
• Fannie Mae experience is a plus