Sr Unix System Engineer - Bethesda, MD
Location: Bethesda, MD
we are seeking a Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator to support our world-class advanced Cloud computing infrastructure. This role is responsible for building and maintaining our UNIX and windows machines in Amazon Cloud, troubleshoot challenging problems that we encounter. Automate maintenance tasks that are repetitive using advanced programming languages.
Key Job Functions
- Implement and support infrastructure solutions in sophisticated, high-performance computing environments that demand stability, tremendous throughput and low latency
- Support systems deployment, configuration management and application installations.
- Troubleshoot and fix problems in the UNIX and windows infrastructure using excellent analytical and problem solving techniques.
- Perform performance analysis and tuning of cloud systems.
- Understand and support internal and external technology audits.
- Manage and maintain incidents, requests and problem tickets SLAs as per guidelines set by the management.
- Keep pace with latest technical trends and be proficient in those technologies
- A Minimum of 10 years’ experience in REDHAT or similar Linux operating systems administration in a large computing environment.
- Working knowledge in Amazon Cloud infrastructure.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to write programs using BASH, KSH, PERL to perform common systems administration tasks.
- Be able to understand performance analysis tools, using them to tune and optimize computing hardware and operating systems.
- Working knowledge in virtual computing platform hardware and be able to understand how it interacts with operating system and middleware.
- Basic knowledge in networking, TCP/IP, routers, load balancers and XML gateway devices.
- Proficiency in technology protocols such as FTP, SSH, SFTP, PKI, TCP/IP etc.
- RHCA/RHCE certification
- Programming knowledge in any one of CHEF, PUPPET and ANSIBLE
- Amazon Cloud architect Associate certification. Basic knowledge in computer hardware and how they interact with operating systems, system software.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or Science.
Interview: Phone screen and mandatory in person interview. No video Skype.
Some key notes:
- This is a contractor to hire position and must be eligible to convert
- Must have a clear communication and written skills