Network Engineer Professional
Location: Reston, VA
Network Operations Professional with 3-5 years of experience.
The Technology Services Group is responsible for providing a sound and robust technology infrastructure for our business and systems. The Network Operations Professional is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
• Configure and setup Cisco Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
• Design, setup and configure complex switching environments
• Design, setup and configure data centers with 10 gig Ethernet using Nexus (VDC, VPC), with working knowledge of Fabric path
• Design, setup and configure OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VDC and Fabric Path.
• Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
• Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking
• Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
• Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
• Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities
• Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
• Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support
• Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
Cisco Certified Network Associ
3 - 5 Year
3 - 5 Year
• Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
• Any other duties as assigned by management
• Support Network Operation including 24x7 On-call support
• College Degree or Equivalent experience.
• Typically has 3-5 years related experience.
• Experience with Cisco networks (including Nexus), monitoring, testing and troubleshooting.
• Software Skills: MS Project, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Word, MS Visio
• Cisco CCNA or higher.
• InfoBlox DHCP and DNS
• Cisco Wireless, ISE or Prime Infrastructure.
• Check Point F/W
• Plato Alto F/W
• Cisco ASA
• Proxies: Blue Coat and ZScaler
• Service Now
• Riverbed NetIM