Valuation Data and Process SME
Location: McLean, VA
The Single-Family Director of Valuation is seeking a Valuation Data and Process SME. This position will work jointly with the GSE’s and several industry stakeholders to help define and satisfy the current and future valuation data needs of the industry. Must be an innovative and strategic thinker with valuation experience typically acquired through several years of experience as a residential appraiser or valuation leader. Must be able to develop and recommend valuation strategies and solutions leveraging existing and new data and processes. A strong technical and analytical skillset is needed to consider new data and analysis approaches to valuation. Requires significant interaction with valuation industry participants, stakeholders and constituents. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Self-starter able to work to objectives with minimal direction. Some travel and industry communication is required. Up to 10% travel with the remainder of time to be spent in northern Virginia office.
• Responsibilities Included:
• Working closely with industry stakeholders to develop and recommend valuation strategies and solutions
• Communicating and coordinating project interdependencies across the work stream
• Working with valuation and collateral data in concise and aggregated samples
• Working with internal stakeholders to ensure cross-functional needs are met
• Attending industry events
• Timely and accurate reporting of findings, recommendations, and status
• Typically has 10+ years of related experience
• College Degree or equivalent work experience; advanced studies/degree preferred
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Word and Excel
• SQL, SAS, R, or other programming experience a plus
• Current Appraisal certification preferred.
• Experience leading programs of related projects