Platform/Cloud services Engineering Lead (Temp to Perm)
Location: McLean, VA
• Responsible for designing, implementing and supporting solutions for cloud operations on AWS.
• Coordination with customers for the design, build and production readiness of infrastructure solutions and the development of business cases to support such initiatives.
• Coordination with Technical Services lines to ensure implementation of best practices for cloud governance, architecture, engineering, production support and service Management
• Ensures consistent delivery of superior technical solutions
• Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies
• Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
• 3-5 years’ experience in cloud operational activities, such as capacity management, monitoring, core services integrations for AWS.
• Hands-on and demonstrable experience with AWS management tools – AWS Config, Cloudtrail, Cloudwatch, Systems Manager, Trusted Advisor, CloudFormation.
• Experience with scripting tools to automate routine operation tasks.
• Experience in championing change and effectively managing project/program implementation
• Expert knowledge of technical project management, project implementation, infrastructure engineering
• Documentation of Engineering Solutions and Designs
• General understanding of key IT components – LDAP, Networking, firewall, load balancing, Federated Identity
• Exposure to varied operating systems – UNIX, Linux, Windows
• Master degree preferred
• Articulates technical concepts using easily understandable business language