Business Analyst III / PM
Location: Herndon, VA
Role & Tasks
- Manage Projects and Product Backlog of Business Intelligence Analyst team
- Manage requirements elicitation, analysis and documentation processes to capture business and end user needs.
- Identifies and resolves gaps in skills, processes, and resources
- Ensures timely delivery of requirements and design documents in line with project milestones
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, mentors, and monitors progress of the team
- Works with stakeholders and functional areas to develop business requirements
- Develops guidelines for capturing business requirements
- Analyzes data to drive business insight and identify opportunities
- Promotes new technology opportunities and trends to business partners
- Supports enterprise digital strategy and organizational change
- Prioritize needs within and across projects based on business impact.
- Support business case creation.
- Communicate solution tradeoffs to business partners to frame and influence project decisions.
- Engage delivery teams to communicate solution vision and priorities.
- Promote usability standards and design solutions with a high-quality, effortless UX.
- Proactively monitor industry, functional, and technology trends to guide business partners on emerging opportunities
- Relationship building with external teams, and resource allocation
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline such as Business, Information Technology, Management, or Information Systems
- Minimum seven years of experience in business analysis / Project Manager
- At least three years of experience in managing a team
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills required to successfully work in a team environment and communicates effectively across a variety of stakeholder groups
- Ability to identify opportunities and transform them into quantifiable and achievable initiatives
- Must be a dynamic and self-starting individual who is able to work independently or as part of a team with minimal guidance and direction
- Excellent knowledge of BI Tools namely Microstrategy and Tableau
- Must be able to continuously learn new skills to keep abreast of industry trends and state of the art technology
- Must be able to effectively prioritize and assign work in order to meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical users at all levels of an organization
- Must demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and mentoring
- Proven ability to create and document business requirements, business processes, and project plans
- Experience in defining detailed business requirements to support strategic and/or tactical projects
- Must be able to create business cases, operational models, and financial models
- Must possess proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Visio)