Data Analyst II
Location: Herndon, VA
The ideal candidate comes from an academic and research background in data science, statistics and modeling with applications in Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence. The candidate would have hands-on knowledge and experience in Big Data tools, algorithms to develop insights and provide visualizations to support decisions. The candidate would be passionate about looking at large data volumes, identifying patterns, and developing insights based on data analysis.
• Work with product, customer, and technology teams to understand product strategy and goals for data and insights – analyze data, provide opportunities for insights development, and initiate solution design and implementation
• Engage with teams including product, analytics, modeling, and application teams in developing technical solutions
• Analyze data, identify patterns, and suggest AI, Machine Learning solutions for personalization and decisioning insights
• Access large data warehouses, query data, model data, and build data virtualization layers
• Continuously look to identify insights opportunities with existing and new data; gain deep understanding of the single family mortgage business and associated loan life-cycle data
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as science & engineering
• Research projects experience highly desired
• Experience with data related technologies including Hadoop, Spark, TensorFlow, R, RStudio, SAS
• Working experience with Python, R, SQL
- Experience with variety of BI tools including Tableau, MicroStrategy, ThoughtSpot a plus
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Desire to be working with data and helping businesses make better data driven decisions.