IBM Sterling Integrator/File Gateway (Managed File Transfer) Engineer
Location: Reston, VA
The infrastructure tools department is responsible for administering and managing a portfolio of Information Technology tools used by the enterprise. The application support, senior, would be responsible for effective design, delivery, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure.
This individual will be accountable for the engineering and operations of IBM Sterling Integrator/File Gateway (Managed File Transfer) or similar tools. The candidate will deliver system enhancements/fixes, customer support, system maintenance, and incident resolution. The role requires collaboration within the team and across the organization to gain support in achieving our objectives and supporting the business.
Advanced knowledge in managed file transfer tool and technology, preferably IBM Sterling file transfer products.
o Analyze and implement optimal file transfer solutions based on business requirement.
o Create partner profile and channel configurations in FileGateway.
o Co-ordinate with internal and external partners during partner on-boarding process.
o Create custom business processes and channel templates to meet specific application file transfer needs.
o Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
o Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
o Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
o Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
o Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
o Follow Freddie Mac Release and Change Management processes.
o Augment production support team to ensure 24/7 coverage and operations.
• 5+ years of experience in IBM Sterling File Transfer products
• 5+ years of experience in UNIX and Windows Platforms.
• Advanced knowledge in administration and management of IBM Sterling File Gateway, IBM Sterling Secure proxy, IBM Control center and IBM Sterling External Authentication.
• Experience in installation and maintenance of a clustered environment for high availability.
• Experience in building services, adapters and configuring property files to implement file transfer solutions.
• Experience in file transfer protocol – SSH/SFTP, FTPS, HTTPS, AS2, Connect Direct etc.a
• Hands on experience in BPML and Unix scripting.
• Must be self-initiated and a team player.