Data Analyst I (Tableau Developer / Data Analyst)
Location: Reston, VA
The client is seeking a TABLEAU developer + Data Analyst for reporting, data analysis and database development.
- You will be responsible for the design, development, of reporting and ad-hoc client requests for data.
- Thorough understanding of relational databases and experience with Tableau required
- Desire to be working with data and helping businesses make better data driven decisions.
• Work with senior management, technical and client teams in order to determine data requirements, business data implementation approaches, best practices for advanced data manipulation, storage and analysis strategies
• Create reports using Tableau including fetching, wrangling the data and designing the reports
• Analyze data for trends and fulfill ad-hoc requests
• Troubleshoot data movement with large scale enterprise data ETL processes
• Modify existing databases and database management systems and/or direct programmers and analysts to make changes
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as engineering, computer science or related field required
• 2+ years of experience with report development in TABLEAU.
• 5+ years of experience with design and development of RDBMS.
• Knowledge of the ETL process
• Experience with SQL and PL/SQL development and UNIX shell scripting.
• Experience with Data Warehouses (Amazon Redshift & IBM Netezza) is a plus
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and organizational skills