SQL Server Developer w/ (SSIS, SSRS, SSMS & SSAS)
Location: McLean, VA, VA
Freddie Mac’s Counterparty Credit Risk Management team within Single Family Risk Management Division is currently seeking a Senior Risk Systems Developer to implement tools and methods of risk evaluation.
Work falls into the following primary categories:
• Supporting reporting and analytical solutions built primarily in SQL Server, SharePoint, MS Office tools.
• Supporting daily baseline processes and database administration to ensure accurate, timely and consistent dissemination of information in support of the core business are functions.
• Analyzing and manipulating data
• Supporting the maintenance of appropriate controls and governance over data, systems and processes.
• Collaborating and interacting directly with business and technical partners to support the needs of a dynamic, fast paced business environment.
• Managing multiple priorities within agreed upon timelines
• Proven experience in system and business analysis and solutions development
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related degree. Equivalent experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
• SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS, SSMS, SSAS) development experience
• SQL coding
• Visual Studio, C#, VBA programming
• Experience in SharePoint development and MS Office automation
Key to success in this role:
• Experience gathering and documenting business and user requirements
• Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to understand business problem of customer
• Detail oriented and excellent organization skills
• Experience working on and prioritizing multiple reports/efforts simultaneously
• Ability to identify data quality issues affecting report outcome
• Ability and desire to work in a team environment
• Desire to seek out and develop process and system improvement.
• Sensibility to the importance of governance and controls balanced against the need to deliver solutions rapidly and effectively.
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess:
• Drive for execution
• Customer Focus
• Experience in MS Access, MS Excel
• Familiarity with Agile development methodology
• Previous work experience in the Finance industry
• Previous experience developing using SAS in a Unix environment