Loan Servicing Specialist
Location: Washington, DC
Manage and monitor customer (lenders, servicers, and other partners) performance with the goal of safeguarding corporate assets and mitigating operations and financial risk. Provide expertise to customers in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. Conduct research and problem-solving on complex issues. May operate in a lead role within the team.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Consult with customers regarding performance in areas such as servicing, investor reporting, delivery accuracy, custodial account management, document control, reporting, loss mitigation, and lender compliance. Assist customers in complying with guidelines and servicing and selling requirements. Ensure that disclosures are accurate.
- Manage complex reporting, re-pricing, remitting, and reconciling activities. Analyze data, research issues and exceptions, and make appropriate changes.
- Implement quality control measures. Conduct in-depth root cause analyses of customer problems and issues. Propose solutions. Facilitate implementation.
- Conduct on-site reviews and recommend potential new customers, where applicable. Evaluate customer staff capabilities to integrate the firm's work rules with customer's servicing operations.
- Advise on new, non-traditional products.
- Build and improve internal and external customer relationships. Anticipate needs. Provide training when necessary.
- Design, develop, monitor, and update workflow processes. Ensure processes respond to operational risk and control objectives, process improvement goals, and achievement of business goals.
- Assume a lead role in reviewing systems to enhance control and simplify operations. Support technology group by testing system enhancements prior to release.
- May perform complex projects or participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of complexity.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of servicer contracts and strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Demonstrates autonomous workflow and time management skills, and must have ability to identify resources according to changing business needs
- Demonstrated ability to leverage internal and external resources, resolve needs, and outstanding concerns
- Qualified candidates must have recent loan servicing experience during the past 2-3 years