Systems Engineer ( MacOS )
Location: Reston, VA
Looking for a true engineer that is setting direction for the MacOS environment, studying industry standards in an enterprise environment, creating direction for how Mac's are managed and maintained, locking down systems, elevated access vs regular account solution design in the Mac world, etc.
The Senior Systems Engineer develops, maintains and supports the client’s technical infrastructure, hardware, and system software components for moderately complex projects. Performs configuration, debugging and support for MacOS on moderately complex projects. Performs root cause analysis for service interruption recovery; creates preventative measures and present to management. Ability to present ideas and manage projects. Interface with Business Stakeholders on complex projects. Update manager on escalated issues. May operate as a Team Lead guiding newer associates or interns.
- Must have ‘expert’ Macintosh knowledge - support skills - hardware and software
- Troubleshooting common off the shelf software, Chrome, Firefox, MS Office 20xx as included on the MAC image, network connectivity.
- Troubleshooting Macintosh operating systems 10.12, 10.13, and up.
- Plans, and manages the Daily Operations of a client support department for all Apple products including Laptops, Desktops, iPads, iPhones, iPods everything Apple.
- Strong team leadership skills - collaborates well with others across all towers and actively incorporates their input.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; communicates in a clear and sufficient manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions.
- Oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate information to audiences at all levels of the organization as well as provide end-user documentation and self-help solutions.
- Experience with both Apple and Windows centralized management tools (Jamf Casper Suite and Microsoft SCCM 2012)
- Strong working knowledge in Apple OS X 10, Windows 7 (and higher), Microsoft Office Suite 2013/2016, Active Directory, VMware vSphere, JAMF Software Server (JSS), ACLs, Directory Services, Mac OS X File, asset tracking (Service-Now), Local Area Networks, TCP/IP, WiFi, PKI, AirWatch
- In-depth and broad knowledge in troubleshooting regarding Apple OS X and Windows base operating systems. Proficiency in resolving compatibility problems between new versions of the operating system and/or software applications
- Can develop new documentation, support processes, and standard operating procedures AND can clearly write them down for others to use
- Strong experience in building software installations and packages in both Apple (Casper Composer) and Windows (MSI Studio/Wise Studio) environment
- Understands software deployment processes leveraging JAMF Pro (Casper Suite) and SCCM 2012
- Experience with scripting in one or more languages (Bash, Perl, AppleScript, PowerShell)
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external clients
- Interpersonal skills to maintain and build relationships
- Skills of effective oral and written communication with ability to communicate technical information to audiences without technical knowledge
- Able to work under pressure and in an environment of rapid response
- Able to interact with business and technical partners at all levels of the organization
- Make decisions based on an accurate and complete analysis of known information, through a solid understanding of the business and its priorities, and factors both hard data and respect for people concerns into the analysis and decision making process
- 5+ years engineering experience with Apple OS X