DB2 UDB - Database Administrator Specialist
Location: Reston, VA
Database Operations seeking well experienced DB2 UDB Database Administrator who is responsible for database administration in a fast-paced operations environment supporting 24x7 business critical applications using analytical and transactional databases primarily on DB2 LUW with DPF and secondary level on Oracle databases. Database Administrator will be able to perform troubleshooting any database issues, performance analysis, ensuring database security, evaluating new database trends and technologies, developing and testing Unix shell scripts, PERL scripting and coding required for database administration and associated database tools.
• Provide DBA support on all aspects of databases administration including backup/recovery, replication, deployment and real time production troubleshooting responsibilities on DB2 UDB databases with DPF.
• Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain database in production and non-production environments
• Provide 24x7 on call DBA support for production environment on rotation and need basis
• Provide Database deployment support for Test and Production environments
• Diagnose and address database performance issues using performance monitors and various tuning techniques
• Interact with Storage and Systems administrators on Linix/Unix/VM operating systems issues related to Databases
• Able to write database maintenance and automation scripts
• Configure and maintain Database High availability
• Support data guard replication
• Troubleshoot database production problems and database connectivity issues
• Implement DR solutions
• Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision
• More than 7 years of experience in Database administration
• Solid understanding of Database technology – DB2 UDB Distributed databases including DPF.
• Extensive Database performance tuning experience
• Deep knowledge of industry-standard, enterprise-class best practices for a large database environment
• Good understanding of Linux/VM platform
• Deep understanding of HA, DR Database and storage technologies like Data replication, SRDF/non-SRDF
• Experience implementing, supporting and auditing database security
• Experience with Unix/Linux OS platform and Unix Shell/Perl scripting and automation
• Experience supporting Oracle databases platform under Unix/Linux platforms
• Experience with Big Data, NoSQL database technologies such as Apache Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, CouchBase, Matrix, etc.
• Experience with Database monitoring tools such as Foglight and Scheduling tools such as Autosys.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working in virtual environment using VMware
• Database performance tuning skills
• Database vendor certification
IBM DB2 UDB High > 10 Years
Oracle RDBMS - Database Admin Medium 3 - 5 Year
UNIX Shell Scripting High > 10 Years
• Installation of database software
• Design and create databases
• Deploy database components by DDL/DCL
• Backup and Recovery of databases
• Data refresh
• Troubleshooting any database related issues
• Performance Tuning
• Database version upgrade, patching, etc.
• Replication setup and operations
• High Availability Disaster Recovery configuration
• Database maintenance
• Scripting and Automation of database admin related activities
• 24x7 On-call database support, when scheduled