Developer II (Java, Quantitative Financial Analytics/ Mortgage Credit Risk Analytics)
Location: Washington, DC
• Use Java knowledge to implement and test financial models for use in product development, portfolio management, forecasting, risk management and other business applications
Key Job Functions
• Under general direction of supervisor, research, implement and test all components of financial models, cash flow simulations and risk metrics calculations in end-user or production computing systems for use in business decisions, financial and regulatory reporting, and risk management.
• Translate complex mathematical, business, and financial modeling logic into software code, with minimal supervision.
• Design and execute test cases for modeling and analytical software applications to ensure they meet business needs and model requirements.
• Assess model implementation quality and production control risk, with minimal supervision.
• Execute model application runs, process/validate model outputs, and produce/review quantitative reports for business use.
• Apply emerging technologies and industry best practices of model and analytical system implementation.
• Communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner both verbally and in writing.
• Work and collaborate effectively, as part of a team and across organizational lines.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math/Statistics. Master or PhD degree preferred.
• Proficient in JAVA.
• Knowledge in statistics, statistical data analysis and modeling.
• Knowledge/experience of quantitative financial analytics (preferably in mortgage credit risk analytics) a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Familiar with tools like Microsoft office suites.
• Experience in working on FNMA research, implement and test all components of financial models, cash flow simulations and risk metrics calculations in end-user or production computing systems for use in business decisions, financial and regulatory reporting, and risk management a plus.