Data Solution Tech Lead - Temp to Perm
Location: McLean, VA
Keys to Success in this role:
- You embrace change and innovation…push the boundaries of what is possible
- You embody Agile delivery at the core of your culture and are experienced and ready for a modernized delivery environment
- You are rock solid on your tech…you will be driving team and organizational direction on solutions & architecture… you need to know the modern approaches as well as where all the landmines are.
- You’ve got the full stack covered with all key modern languages under your belt ….You’re going to have to get into all parts of the code, as well as implement some of it, so you will need to know this stuff up and down
- For this specific role you will have to have a very strong background integrating delivering data solutions…..deep knowledge of data integration and management techniques is essential!
- Proven success coaching and transforming technical teams to shift to modern execution model
• Deep knowledge and experience in designing for and implementing noSQL data solutions. Relational data is still part of our culture, but we’re looking for an innovator to help us build our document strategy.
• Strong communication skills, you will be responsible for interfacing and influencing with the business lines as well as others across IT.
• You will be a mentor to the team driving full (and correct) adoption of modern software engineering & Delivery practices (“Real” Agile, TDD, ATDD, Stateless Design, Microservices, Containerization, CI/CD, Cloud, etc.).
• Excellent working knowledge of data management techniques including: DataOps, data mastering, metadata management, data cataloging, and data quality.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred.
• 8-10 years of experience engineering awesome solutions and 4-5 Years Leading modernized development teams
• At least 3 years, successfully, implementing complex data solutions.
High Level Tech Skills (we are sure you will have more):
• DBs: SQL, Mongo, Postgres, DB2 (Legacy Sybase for transformation efforts)
• Cloud: AWS, Azure, Google
• Languages: Java, Fuse, AngularJS, node.js
• Modern Tools: Jenkins, Cucumber, JPA, Camel, Atlassian Suite (Bamboo, Jira, Bitbucket), Git
• Other: Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes
• Obviously looking for strong understanding and implementation of tried and true as well as modern design patterns and architectural principles.