Java/J2EE Developer Senior
Location: McLean, VA
Freddie Mac has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Developer to work in the Single-Family Data Services department of the Information Technology division at Freddie Mac. We are seeking a motivated individual to design and develop enhancements to software applications on a Java/JEE, Web Services and Weblogic platform. As a senior member of the IT development team, the Individual would independently lead the solution delivery of issues as well as lead the team. The individual would champion technology and tools changes/improvements that improve delivery processes. Be a role model and a technical mentor to junior and mid-level developers. Work collaboratively with other open minded, technology savvy and dedicated team members.
• Performing Java development tasks to deliver new and upgraded web based solutions to a Linux platform environment.
• Communicating to internal clients and partners’ aspects of the implementation at the technical and/or functional level appropriate for the situation.
• Application of software development principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
• Understand Business Requirements; participates in System Requirement Analysis; design Applications based on System Requirements and Architecture, prototype if necessary, develop, unit testing on developed components to ensure high quality delivery, and deployment.
• Provide detailed design documentation following UML standard and, produce system process flows / diagrams, compile implementation instructions, and document production support handbook.
• Provide guidelines to testing team, participate test plan, testing cases and testing results review, and support testing team to trouble shoot issues • Support Performance testing, trouble shoot performance issues, conduct performance tuning on applications across different components • Worked closely and provide inputs to Project managers to provide appropriate LOEs, schedules, and planning • Be capable to support multiple project work • Worked closely and provide inputs to Tech Leads and Architects to come out system design and architect documentation.
• Comply with the department application standards and general industry based practices.
• Contribute to the enhancement of department application development/delivery standards, tools and processes.
• Evangelize new technologies and tools, promote top code quality by leading design and code reviews, and solve challenging issues related to performance tuning and scalability.
• Train new and/or junior members of the team
• Experience in Solution, Design and Development of web applications using the Java EE, Weblogic, Web Services, Autosys, SQL, Shell Script.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
• Experience with the following web technologies: Web Services using SOAP/REST and Weblogic • Experience with Spring framework, Hibernate framework • Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to analyze system functionality with customer and resolve production issues.
• Experience with Databases (DB2, Oracle, Sybase, MSSQL).
• Experience with Directories (LDAP, AD).
• Thorough understanding of relational databases, XML, web services and EJB preferably on a Weblogic platform.
• Experience applying Object Oriented Analysis and Design principles.
• Understanding of design patterns and ability to use them in real world situations.
• Expert in tuning all tiers of applications on JEE platform.
• Good knowledge of database concepts with working knowledge on SQL and Stored Procedures.
• Innovative problem solver who likes to take on challenges with calculated risk to provide solutions.
• Strive to constantly improve the application development processes and tools.
• Hands on experience in Java/J2EE design patterns and UML design tools
• Experience with Informatica SIF framework, user exit development and SOAP web services for MDM platform • Works independently on multiple projects with the ability to lead and mentor junior and mid-level developers in technology delivery.
• Experience with Database SQL IDE: SQL Developer, Rapid SQL • Database Query design and development on relational database platforms • Good communication and ability to convey technology solutions to business clients.
• Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as primary goal.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and tools • Experience in using GIT, Team Forge, ServiceNow, Sonar Cube, Jenkins and Artifactory.
• Familiarity with Mortgage Industry or direct Freddie Mac Experience is an added plus
- Experience with Webservices, REST, SOAP, Angular JS
- Experience with integrating with other applications and/or API
- Exposure to Sonarcube and JUnit is desired