Default Expense Management Analyst Associate
Location: McLean, VA
The Default Fees & Claims group is responsible for the reimbursement of foreclosure related expenses incurred by our Servicers in the management and transition of properties through the disposition process. Broadly, these include foreclosure, bankruptcy, property preservation and other ancillary expenses. The Default Expense Management Analyst will be responsible for audit related activities surrounding this process.
•Responsible for ensuring payment of expense claims
•Performs collections tasks as assigned such as contact customers and pursue outstanding research
•Reconciliation and analysis required to resolve all disputes and customer questions
• Two to four years of relevant experience, preferably in mortgage the industry
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting or a related field or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of Single Family business and/or mortgage servicing
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills
• Superior oral and written communications skills
• Ability to work effectively with continuous change and short deadlines
• Demonstrated business acumen, problem solving skills, intellectual maturity, and relationship management skills
• The ability to prioritize duties to ensure deadlines are met timely. Flexibility in terms of working hours may include the ability to work overtime and adjust work hours during critical periods.
• Position also requires strong interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal skills and the ability to handle confidential information.