Solution Architect Senior
Location: McLean, VA
Solution Architect Senior
• Identifies and compares alternative solutions to determine the optimal solution that will meet business needs.
• Ensures alignment of solution architecture to business objectives, roadmaps and strategic solutions, as well as to Freddie Mac’s architecture principles and standards
• Works on unusually complicated problems and provides solutions that are highly creative and ingenious.
• Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
• Engages with external industry experts, technology suppliers and market analysts to bring insight to the strategy and to keep Freddiemac up to date with industry and market advancements/innovations.
• Participates in the development and maintenance of application system architecture and conducts business information flow studies.
• Creates the architecture document for assigned projects, including architecture patterns, decisions, and rationale for those decisions
• Conducts system architecture studies of new and existing IT systems to permit development of integrated systems.
• Defines future architecture enhancements, i.e. logical evolutions of the system
• Presents and communicates the solution architecture to various stakeholders, both technical and business, and can explain how the solution design will meet business needs
• Assists in creating and defining application and technical patterns to be used for business events, as necessary
• Acts as counselor to business counterparts, customers, and top management on requirements pertinent to the technical capability
• Evaluates system scalability and recommends improvements.
• Understands and applies change principles to identify architectural risks and technology debt.
• Provides in-depth technical consultation to clients and IT management to ensure development of efficient application systems utilizing established standards, procedures and methodologies.
• Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range targets. Determines and pursues courses of action essential in obtaining desired outcomes
• Provides leadership and guidance in the following:
o Drives application architectural decisions for the systems under development
o Leads the applications integration and design discussions among multiple cross functional groups
o Influences key decisions for the technical and infrastructure architecture.
o Advises the system and infrastructure configuration from application performance, scalability, and capacity perspective.
o Provides guidance to business counterparts, customers, and top management on requirements pertinent to the technical capability
• 10 years of hands-on experience and Bachelors' Degree or equivalent work experience
• In depth experience architecting solutions that are: Secure, Resilient, Scalable, Transformative.
• Modern programming languages and frameworks such as JEE, .NET, Python, Angular, Spring, Java
• Integration technology patterns and platforms including Web Services, REST API, Messaging, and ETL with related technologies like XML and JSON
• Database technologies like RDBMS, NoSQL,Hadoop, Informatica, Data Virtualization
• Containerized infrastructure, Micro Services and DevOps principles
• Business process automation / management
• Reporting and analytical tools such as MicroStrategy, Essbase, Tableau
• Experience with cloud or cloud migration preferable using Hadoop, Columnar Database, Open source Technologies, AWS
• Agile experience
• Experience with data lakes supporting transactional applications
Additional Desired Skills:
• Business Intelligence (MicroStrategy), ETL (Informatica), Data Mart, Dimensional Modeling, Data Virtualization (Denodo)
• Preference is for this person to play following roles based on the demand: Data Strategist; Solutions/Data/Infrastructure Architect
• Experience with mortgage industry and has the knowledge of the data Freddie Mac deals
• Experience with applications dealing with events/real time data