Business Analyst II
Location: Herndon, VA
Business Analyst II gathers, documents, and most importantly, analyzes application requirements, conducts application analysis, participates in functional application design, creates and analyzes ad-hoc reports and aids in the escalation/resolution of project risks and issues.
- Understand business context and problems and communicates them clearly in written and oral format.
- Work with the business users to understand & document the functionality requirements.
- Understand existing architecture and data flows.
- Perform data analysis
- Provide detailed business and data requirements including complex data mappings
- Answer questions and scenarios that may come up as the developers and testers work off the business requirements.
- Create process flows, presentations and reports to document recommendations and deliver them to the business stakeholders.
- Performs detailed analysis of complex business processes, data requirements and proposes solutions.
- Work with the team to develop detailed scope, requirements and other SDLC documents as required
- Develop test plans, test cases, procedures, and documents given business requirements and design documents.
- 3+ years of experience in documenting business and data requirements for systems development projects.
- 3+ years of experience in a consulting environment with a focus on business and data analysis.
- Prior experience in MS-Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access), Visio, Business Objects.
- Strong SQL and Oracle experience required
-Understand business context, problems and communicates them clearly in written and oral format.
-Work with the business users and leads to understand & document data requirements
- Understands basic relational databases as well as user interface design.
-Experience with Business Objects, Tableau, or other business intelligence software is a plus
- Experience working on large data Integration projects
- Exceptional organizational skills, analytical skills, strong written and verbal presentation skills