Compliance & Ethics Specialist IV
Location: Washington, DC
Utilize broad expertise or unique knowledge in leading and performing assignments related to planning, directing, and/or executing procedures by the organization to comply with laws or regulations governing how it conducts its business. Develop procedures or business processes that are compliant and instruct managers in their use. Conduct compliance reviews and analyses and report findings to responsible corporate management. Prepare reports in standard formats to regulatory agencies. Interact with regulators in planning activities or changes to business processes that are subject to regulation.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Primary responsibility is to conduct assessments of business compliance with regulatory and program requirements designed to evaluate the design and operational effectiveness.
• Develop and execute high-level strategies and plans in supporting assigned business units with regulatory and program compliance affecting the business.
• Act as internal consultant for the compliance/ethics staff and for cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with FHFA record keeping requirements, delegations of authority, and policies. Study highly complex data. Present insights and learning. Advise management of significant findings.
• Gather data, reports, and documentation pertinent to regulatory requirements. Implement optimum solutions considering policies and current regulations.
• Review the effectiveness of existing policies in achieving regulatory requirements. Prepare recommendations of policies and procedures for future regulatory reporting and compliance.
• Design, develop, and maintain processes to track, monitor, and report activities. Evaluate results. Present insights and best practices.
• Design, develop, and deliver training to staff on regulatory and program requirements. Follow up with business unit management and staff regarding corporate training and mandatory classes.
• Lead or perform projects at the highest level of complexity involving technology or the development of new procedures as a subject matter expert and to ensure that pertinent regulatory concerns are addressed in the project's outcomes.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
• 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Minimum 5-8 years of audit and/or compliance experience.
• Experience with delegations of authority, policies/procedures, records management a plus.
• Ability to conduct compliance assessments, in-depth targeted reviews, controls monitoring and testing.
• Demonstrated analytic skills as well as the ability to take disparate information and make recommendations quickly.
• Accomplished and effective interviewing and fact-finding skills.
• Strong writing skills with the ability to write assessments clearly, accurately and analytically to support detailed findings.
• Ability to be flexible, multitask and reprioritize work as the needs of the business change.
• Demonstrated teamwork skills, including ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management, staff, customers and regulatory bodies.
• A strong sense of urgency about solving problems, meeting challenging deadlines, and achieving critical goals