Marketing Project Manager III (non-IT)
Location: Washington, DC
The client is seeking an Marketing Project Manager III (non-IT) to plan, direct, and coordinate marketing department project initiatives – including but not limited to tracking timelines and deliverables, supporting documentation and implementation of department-wide marketing and event processes. The ideal candidate will prioritize agenda and timelines congruent with annual marketing objectives and implement infrastructure to support evolving marketing and event strategy.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Foster communication with other marketing associates, internal stakeholders and agency partners to discuss project specifications, deliverables and key milestones.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Use appropriate techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with project stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Oversee the development and timely execution of multiple work streams.
- Highly detail oriented with proven track record of problem solving skills; ability to work autonomously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful track record managing capacity planning, developing timelines, and implementing new tools and processes to optimize resources.
- Experience tracking and monitoring budget.
- Proficiency with computer software, such as MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, SharePoint, Confluence, Cvent, Visio, etc.
- Experience with Workfront or similar work flow management systems
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, or related field.
- 5-7 years experience required.
- Experience supporting marketing teams in a large, highly matrixed organization.
- Experience with event marketing and execution.
- PMI/PMP or scrum master certification preferred.