Project Manager I
Location: Herndon, VA
Assume ownership of all application related activities which includes but not limited to SDLC releases, Scrum ceremonies, status reporting, schedules, operational changes, stakeholder communication & management
Schedule and facilitate Scrum ceremonies which includes daily standup, retrospective, review and product backlog grooming sessions related to information technology projects allocated.
- Maintain JIRA Board end to end and ensure timely update by the teams, manage burn down charts and team velocity
- Liaison between business and technical aspects of projects.
- Manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope.
- Develop or update project plans in Microsoft Project server for the projects handing.
- Conduct process related training to the team to keep the team up to date
- Monitor project milestones and deliverables, identify and resolve problems.
- Ensuring adherence to quality standards as per Project Quality Office.
- Prepare project status reports/Metrics by collecting using Jira, analyzing, and summarizing information and present the trends to management.
- Initiate, review, or approve modifications to project plans in project server. Perform risk and Impact assessments for the applications
- Interact and work with Architecture teams, stakeholders and allied enterprise teams for successful execution of projects and operational change
- Work closely with Dev., Test, Business and Operations team on a daily basis in building consensus for varied situations, scenarios and solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 + years for Project Management Experience in information technology projects is mandatory
- Knowledge & Hands on experience in JIRA, Microsoft Project, MS Excel, MS Visio, and Microsoft SharePoint is mandatory
- Experience in handling long technical & design discussions and capturing notes & minutes is mandatory
- Experience in interfacing with enterprise PMO, procurement, network teams, vendors & allied support teams is mandatory
- Knowledge from a PM perspective on CICD process (Jenkins), test automation process, Code Quality process (Fortify) will be expected
- Knowledge of Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (EPPM tool) is preferable
- Knowledge and experience in managing Java / Oracle / TIBCO / Weblogic based projects will be added advantage
- Knowledge of IT Networks, Circuits, Hardware procurement & setup will be added advantage
Certifications related to Agile SCRUM
A very positive attitude and be a part of the team and adjust to its culture