Risk Analytics Senior ( Credit Risk Senior)
Location: McLean, VA
Credit Analytics & Reporting Department is currently seeking a Risk Analytics Senior to implement tools and methods of risk evaluation, build and manage credit data, and perform research and analytics as a member of the Credit Analytics and Reporting team.
• Solid understanding of business needs and develop business requirements, business rules, business test cases and facilitate business requirements meetings
• Perform data extract and analysis as needed to collect, organize and maintain ad hoc data, and provide support to internal data users to facilitate their reporting and analysis activities
• Gain in-depth understanding of source data and related controls to ensure integrity of reporting and analysis
• Support ad hoc analysis and reporting needs, including data querying, analysis and reporting. Provide support on risk and control related matters.
• Apply basic understanding of standard risk management and controls assurance principles, theories, concepts, and techniques where applicable.
• Assist in the preparation of timely, accurate and effective technical data controls
• Document business requirements, business rules for technology projects
• Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
• Data analysis experience, with a combination of business and technical skills
• Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• SQL and programming skills like SAS or R
• Data Warehouse/Data Marts, Data Modeling, Database understanding
• Familiarity with BI tools one tool such as Micro-strategy, or Tableau
• Works closely with SMEs to gain experience and develop expertise with Freddie Mac data and systems
• Mortgage industry, credit analysis or financial analysis experience and/or Closing/Title Company experience
• Text Mining or NLP experience
• 3+ years of SQL programming experience
• 2+ years of SAS or R/Python programming experience
• Experience in data analysis and data issues resolution
• Must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Good communications skills – verbal and written