Project Manager III
Location: Reston, VA
Plan, manage, and execute varied software development, customization, IT systems development, or IT infrastructure projects. Gather information at front end to determine project parameters and specifications, and to budget human, financial and other resources. May provide technical oversight to some staff and track attainment of project milestones. Report on progress and budget expenditures to project owners.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Work in a matrix environment and lLead enterprise wide initiatives focusing on Information Security tools and technologies
• Meet with application owners, developers, analysts, engineers, architects and the like to determine business needs and functionalities desired for application releases.
• Plan course of medium to large-scale project(s), including milestones, resources needed in the form of staff hours, budget, use of technology and tools and document in project plan, following established project management methodology (Agile and Waterfall).
• Track course of project from meetings, conferring with developers, and receiving reports. Update project schedules, issues and risks as needed. Document changes to scope or functionalities with change ticket, project plan, or other format.
• Assess compliance of development process with accepted methodology and communicate to responsible managers or staff. Document exceptions or deviations as needed. Convene meetings and plan agenda to ensure important issues are aired and resolved.
• Report on progress of project, use of staff, $ expenditures, progress on milestones and the like to application owners.
• Provide guidance to project staff and be able to raise any concerns with time allocation and other priorities.
• Contribute to professional or technical development of less experienced staff by mentoring or training.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
• PMP is a plus
• 7+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Partnering with IT and business functions to lead, manage and direct cross-functional resources throughout the program lifecycle.
• Possess a broader view of the enterprise goals, strategies and be able to connect the pieces together and recommend better alternatives before taking on the projects.
• Understand demand capacity management and be able to communicate the overall impact to the project stakeholders at the beginning of the project.
• Strong analytical/quantitative and problem solving skills combined with information technology and/or information security knowledge
• Expert knowledge and experience with project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile) and all phases of SDLC.
• Identify critical path decisions, recommendations and influence workstreams to deliver effective solutions and maximize project execution efficiency.
• Demonstrated knowledge of or experience with Access Management and other Information Security concepts and tools.
• Succinct & confident written and verbal messaging for project updates and any stakeholder meetings including but not limited to:
o Summarize/synthesize information and material appropriately for audience and become more cognizant of executive summary messaging vs being project status focused
o Escalate to the appropriate audience (when required)