Developer III (Confluence developer )
Location: Washington, DC
The client is seeking a Developer III to design, develop, and implement applications and reporting using general languages and technologies (e.g. - C#, C++, HTML, Confluence, Tableau) to support business requirements. The Developer will support a business team that manages customer co-development and market readiness activities for product and policy launches. The Developer will develop and support tools (database, team collaboration sites, reporting) the team uses to track customer engagement activities and market readiness assessments for the business. Work is generally high in scope and complexity. The Developer is expected to develop solutions and resolves a wide range of issues, as necessary. Typically participates in determining objectives of and approaches to assignments.
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
Master or Other Advanced Degree
Area of Study
Computer Science, Business Reporting, Team Collaboration Site development
5-7 years of related experience
Key Job Functions
Support the development and maintenance of team collaboration sites that support management of business functions, interdepartmental collaboration and workflow (Confluence, SharePoint, Homebase).
Analyze and articulate highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications that support a customer tracking database and market readiness system; and manage enhancement backlog.
Develop complex queries, analyses, and reports for internal external consumption. Provide guidance or technical supervision to less experienced staff performing similar functions.
Support the business requirements and development of customer innovation roadmaps.
Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution.
Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
5-7 years of software development experience with a focus on business reporting and data analysis, mortgage operations knowledge preferred.
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Development experience in needed language or technology (e.g. - C#, C++, HTML). Experience with data integration.
Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC Experience with reporting visualizations tools (e.g. Tableau, Excel) to create and maintain standard and customizable reports and dashboards based on customer engagement data in source system
Develop business rules and reporting for standard business reports (e.g. quarterly customer dashboards, monthly activity reports, ad hoc reporting, success metrics)
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Confluence developer to design, implement and maintain Confluence pages
- Design, implement and maintain Confluence pages utilizing Confluence and Atlassian functionality
- Perform general JIRA/Confluence design, including customization
- Create, update and maintain user profiles on Confluence collaboration pages
- Advanced Excel experience using macro-enabled functions and VB scripts
- Report development experience with Tableau, Thought spot, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify business/technology opportunities and document in business requirements
- Ability to perform functional and usability testing
- Demonstrated ability to educate, coach, and inform stakeholders on complex business issues and competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and customers.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products: PowerPoint, Excel, Project, SharePoint