Business Analyst IV
Location: Washington, DC
The client is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to analyze business and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems. The Business Analyst IV is responsible for leading the functional requirements gathering team. The candidate works directly with internal customers to understand the business environment and needs. Identifies relevant design, process and specification issue.
• Translate business requirements into detailed functional & system requirements and provide guidance to the development team
• Work with business teams to gather data requirements
• Possibly perform detailed user acceptance testing
• Support scrum master in maintaining JIRA board
• Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
• Ability to understand and document complex analytical or product-related needs
• Build good working relationships
• Ability to use appropriate and innovative technical tools to support complex analysis and to create prototypes for assigned business unit.
• Knowledge of both business unit and systems governance
• Detailed knowledge of SDLC, both waterfall and agile principles
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
• 8-10 years experience required.