Systems Analyst V
Location: Herndon, VA
The client is seeking a Systems Analysts V to design and implement information systems solutions in accordance with company standards. The ideal candidate should have a technical background and should be able to do system/business analysis. The Systems Analyst helps the organization operate more efficiently and effectively. They bring business and information technology (IT) together by understanding the needs and limitations of both.
• Provides wide ranging system administration in a multi-platform environment.
• Will conduct and gather business requirements, business process analysis, needs assessments and preliminary feasibility analysis in an effort to align existing technology solutions with business initiatives.
• Function as liaison between line of business and the IT / Technology department.
• Responsible for general systems administration tasks including system configuration management.
• Prepare and Write Test scripts.
• Perform daily application monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of predefined key processes.
• Reviews application logs and security logs, analyze and take immediate action if required.
• Perform data analysis for validation and quality assurance.
• Prepare diagrams and develop logic flowcharts
• Perform analysis and drive solutions for required future state technical functionality.
• Collaborate with vendors and other users to request enhancements.
• Open Support Tickets with Vendor and follow up on the resolution of the tickets. Tracks SLAs for the tickets to ensure compliance.
• Manages incidents by engaging and coordinating with the appropriate teams.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Strong customer engagement skills necessary to provide User support.
• Strong knowledge of design techniques, data analytics and principals involved in production of drawings and models.
• Experience Administering Portfolio/Project Management COTS (Common Off-The-Shelf) Tools like Planview (Enterprise One) and Project Server.
• Experience with Planview (Enterprise One) a big Plus
• Software Development Experience a Plus
• Basic working knowledge of SQL Server
• Strong data analysis/excel skills.
• Not a functional role as the candidate will be required to do configuration.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
• 8-10 year experience required.