IT Support Specialist II
Location: Reston, VA
- IT Support Specialist II provides Level-2 production support for medium-high complexity applications. Following are some of the responsibilities for the position:
• Investigate and resolve issues related to the supported applications and systems or escalate to other teams as needed. Provide end user support for level 2 issues.
• Coordinate application configuration changes, database changes and installation of upgrades and patches in supported environments.
• Work with vendor, L3 and business teams to determine root cause of application and job execution problems.
• Coordinate with appropriate stakeholders for all production environment maintenance such as upgrades, patching and migrations.
• Perform shakeout of applications after any software or hardware changes as needed.
• Support adhoc requests from users.
• Document and update knowledge base.
Experience and working knowledge in the following:
• Linux/Unix is required
• Unix Shell scripting knowledge
• Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL knowledge
• JBoss, Weblogic, Apache are a plus
• BMC Remedy and Service Now ticketing applications are a plus
• Excellent oral, written skills
- AWS working knowledge is a plus
- Prior production support experience is a plus