Systems Analyst Senior
Location: McLean, VA
This role will support multiple esafe project teams with transforming business needs to technical specifications using source to target mappings, building XSD, conducting data analysis, business process analysis, data model reviews. The analyst will work closely with product owners and IT technical team to define user stories, acceptance criteria, and test scenarios. Candidate should be fluent in SQL querying and able to advise business users in understanding how technical solutions meet business outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline plus 5 to 7 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures used in systems analysis
Customer service oriented with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
Experience using transactional, relational and dimensional data models
- Experience testing application or system software and related products
- Able to demonstrate analytical and problem solving abilities
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate orally and in writing to different business and technology audiences
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in an environment with changing priorities.
• Plan or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results
• Prepare detailed specifications for programs
• Provide experienced technical consulting in the definition, design and creation of a database environment
• Advise development staff and end-users on databases
• Participate in systems testing for project implementations