Business Analyst III (Chicago or Plano locations (Chicago preferred)
Location: Chicago, IL
The client is seeking a Business Analyst III to analyze mortgage application data and develop key risk metrics. The Business Analyst III is responsible for interfacing with the business to gather requirements, as well as implementing the technical solution. The candidate works directly with internal customers to develop an understanding the business process, then develops an understanding of the data architecture, and delivers metrics via intuitive tableau data visualization.
• Developing metrics and visualizations to help the business assess and monitor risks associated with specific mortgage products.
• Modifying existing tableau visualizations.
• Data infrastructure analysis – particularly for poorly documented tables.
• Ability to effectively interface and translate between business and technical users.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Strong knowledge of computer software (Tableau) and SQL (oracle, XML, IBM netezza) – knowledge of SAS would be a plus, but is not required. Education/Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
• 5-7 years’ experience required.
- extensive SQL (primarily oracle - with experience querying XML, netezza SQL would also be helpful)
- extensive tableau experience
- ability to optimize queries & tableau workbooks for speed is important
- able to quickly explore and become familiar with new databases (with limited data dictionaries/documentation)
- ability to work directly with business users to modify existing and build new tableau dashboards
- Interfaces effectively and collaboratively with business customers to provide analytical / reporting solutions for business problems.
- Able to effectively communicate and translate between technical team members and business team members to design and implement solutions. Able to take a problem described by a business user and understand the root cause and design solutions that go beyond scope of initial problem.
- Engages in day to day development of highly technical product.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to design intuitive data visualizations, and key business metrics.
- Experience in financial services/banking industry and mortgage industry preferred.