BI UX Designer Sr.
Location: McLean, VA
As part of a Business Intelligence team we are looking for an innovator, who is passionate about turning data into visions, and making an impact through creative storytelling and timely design. The right person has proven and extensive experience bringing design ideas to fruition, while possessing a passion for data analytics, visualization, and user experience. The role also requires working in a matrix environment, so candidates should have a demonstrated track record of partnering across a diverse set of stakeholders and project participants. Examples of these stakeholders would include Sales, Marketing, Communications, Business Policy Groups, Operations, IT, Legal, and Finance/Accounting. A solid understanding of financial services and/or mortgage data is a plus.
The ability and willingness to independently analyze data and produce accurate and user-friendly visualizations is a must.
– Ability to use various data analysis techniques to collect, explore, and identify the right data to be visualized in a Business Intelligence tool.
– Ability to create wireframes, mockups and supporting documentation with apt consideration of technical and development implications
– Ability to present designs to multiple stakeholders, including executives, developers, and business teams
– Experience with design and prototyping software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe XD, Justintime, or other equivalent tools
– Experience with MicroStrategy and Tableau or other data visualization and BI tools
– Web page behavior and customer experience analysis.
– Experience in relational database structures, ETL, Big Data technologies, and data visualization workflow/automation.
– Highly driven, results-oriented, creative and nimble problem solver and a willingness to do ‘whatever it takes’ to deliver business value quickly
– Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to develop and deliver presentations to multiple types of audiences. Must be able to interact cross-functionally and drive both business and technical discussions
– Ability to work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders, external customers, external stakeholders, and vendors