Business Rules Professional
Location: McLean, VA
The contractor will be responsible for ensuring quality standards and consistent use of business rules throughout the organization. Contractor will formulate complex business policy and processes into Decision Models (business rules) and Business Process Models (BPM).
Decision Modeling - The contractor will support activities related to the implementation of business rules changes across several applications and system consistent with the department’s change management process. These activities will focus on developing business rules models and related assets and artifacts across client communities.
Detailed Description of work to be performed:
The Contractor will use a structured rules management discipline (Decision Modeling), to create and maintain shared business rules.
The contractor will work with Business Subject Matter Experts, development, operations, and other IT and business areas as appropriate throughout the rules development and rules deployment processes.
The contractor will analyze and provide resolution to an assortment of business problems and make recommendations on all aspects of the business rules life cycle.
The contractor will be responsible for identifying. managing, and documenting defects and issues to support successful rules deployments
The contractor will be responsible for participating in business meetings and responsible for providing status reports that support project management activities.
The contractor will support documenting business process and procedures (as needed).
- The contractor should have experience as a business analyst with an understanding of system/software change management and/or configuration management.
- Strong client facing skills and strong oral and written communication skills for technical and non – technical audiences.
- The contractor should have the ability to operate independently without close supervision, but also work as a team member.
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Good time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute task in a high pressure environment.
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology, Business Rules and Decision Modeling is a plus.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week at the client site in Mclean, VA, around core hours of M-F from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional hours/ overtime may be required as necessary.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Required Overall Experience: 3-5 Years
- Required Specific Experience: None
- Required Tools: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)