Data Architect Senior
Location: McLean, VA
This position is a senior data architect role within Enterprise Data Delivery organization. This critical role will provide architecture guidance and support to the eSafe platform.
A passion for data, and several years of hands-on experience leading data engineering projects, such as data architecture and data warehouse implementation projects
* Experience managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams
* Strong technical background/subject matter expertise – experience as technical lead or architect on a Big Data development team
* Have developed systems based on key principles (consistency and availability, liveness and safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms)
* Strong solution delivery experience in Hortonworks or Cloudera Hadoop echo system; Must be very familiar with Hive, Zookeeper, HBASE, Spark, HDFS, Apache Ranger etc.
* Working experience of building and managing data pipelines on On-Premise and AWS Cloud data platforms using Sqoop, NiFi, Kafka, kinesis etc.
* Experience in designing and implementing multi-terabyte data warehouses in MPP columnar database systems, such as Vertica, Redshift
* Experience working with data streaming technologies (Kinesis, Kafka etc.)
* Expertise with AWS technology stack and deployment (Docker, Jenkins, Lambda, etc.)
* Prior experience in migrating on premise data platforms implementation to a cloud based implementation
Keys to Success in this role:
* Expertise with Big Data, Columnar and NoSQL database technology
* Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments
* Ability to work with and collaborate across the team
* Experience managing large and small teams working on multiple workstreams concurrently