QA Testing Analyst IV
Location: Reston, VA
The test automation engineer will develop the test automation approach, the framework and the expertise to expertise to enable platform developers to embed test automation as part of the continuous process. The expected outcome of is the confidence required to confirm production-readiness of Middleware platform services. Currently, the Middleware platform services include web servers, application servers, data caching services and workload scheduling services. The test automation engineer will develop the framework and expertise to enable platform developers to embed test automation as part of the continuous process. The test automation engineer should be well-versed in software testing processes and tools and be proficient in the scripting needed to implement automated test processes for each Middleware service. These automations include unit tests, static code tests, smoke tests, performance tests, functional tests, resiliency tests and more specific tests, such as Section 508 compliance checks, SLA validations, and vulnerability scans.
- Work with Middleware engineering teams to develop the test automation framework and delivery roadmap
- Set high unit-test coverage and add this coverage as a requirement for developers to complete before a project can be finalized.
- Select unit test technologies for middle-tier
- Implement unit-test reference implementations and add them to developer practices.
- Build mechanisms to measure the test coverage for unit tests.
- Integrate your unit tests into test harnesses.
- Build mechanisms for integrating the unit tests into the harness.
- Integrate the unit-test harness into the build script and CI.
- Build mechanisms to take action when unit tests fail.
- After unit-test coverage is finished, identify which integration tests should be implemented.
- Implement and automate integration tests.
- Select technology for acceptance tests or end-to-end functional tests.
- Define actions when a functional test fails. Build an alerting tool so that the developer is notified.