Space Management Professional (Temp to Perm)
Location: McLean, VA
Space Management Professional: (Temp to Perm)
Seeking an experienced space planning professional to work with the team on multiple deliverables within the Office of the CIO supporting the IT Division. The candidate will be responsible for daily deliverables and space initiatives/projects, establishing and leading medium to large sized projects ranging in complexity. This role will be responsible for the planning and executing from start to finish. This role will manage scope, schedule, quality and issues impacting all departments within IT and their Business Unit counterparts.
The work falls into following primary categories:
• Responsible for the overall success of a wide range of space deliverables of varying levels of complexity.
• Manage business needs and requirements, coordinating the design and implementation of an optimal solution.
• Accountable for overseeing, executing and completing space issues.
• Responsible for initial space planning efforts (e.g., onboarding, offboarding, moves, restacks, etc).
• Ensure accuracy/maintenance of information and documentation related to space processes and systems.
Stakeholder & Communication Management:
• Coordinate with IT Space Planning team members, Corporate Services and IT business managers in ensuring that onboarding, moves, offboarding and any other space issues are met.
• Communicate major milestones, identify potential risks, provide continuing input to team and business managers regarding status of activities.
• Obtain feedback to assure that efforts meet customer expectations for agreed upon schedule, cost and objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree or 2-3 years of equivalent work experience
• Ability to create and coordinate space schedules, including task definition, duration and execution of moves/restacks
• Experience working with stakeholders to understand vision, business objectives and critical success factors
• Ability to facilitate meetings and conference calls; providing and archiving required documentation, tracking and following-up action items
• Proficiency using SharePoint
Keys To Success In this Role:
• Manage multiple space deliverables simultaneously within schedule
• Build trusted relationship with the business
• Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility a must
• Strong consultation, collaboration and communication skills
• Ability to use data to help inform strategy and direction
Top 3 Personal Competencies:
• Leadership – Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals
• Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo
• Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with small and large groups of business users as well as executive level personnel
• Must be very detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Possess exceptional organization, collaboration and writing skills