Database Administrator 2 (Oracle DBA)
Location: Reston, VA
• Experience as both an infrastructure and application DBA
• Manage databases in a large mission critical system.
• End to end database administration.
• Analyze and resolve complex technical problems regarding the integration of object-oriented applications and infrastructure with relational database technology.
• Monitor databases and performs tuning enhancements to optimize their performance. Develop and maintain utilities to automate problem determination, change implementation, and monitoring activities.
• Participate as a team-member in data management strategies. Integrate data architecture with appropriate components of the extended enterprise, transaction factories, and the data warehouse.
• Participate in data-sourcing, import and data validation activities.
• Provide database change and release management.
• 6+ years of Oracle DBA experience
• Experience in performance tuning (SQL, database and system)
• Experience in Database Architecture, Data Virtualization
• Familiar with large multi-terabyte instance management, including partition management
• Unix shell scripting and/or any other scripting experience
• Strong understanding of OS, storage and network related to database
• Postgres, Redshift, Amazon Cloud based technologies
• DevOps and CI/CD experience using FlyWay or similar tools
• Database replication (Example: GoldenGate, Sybase Replication etc)
• Experience with large upgrades and migrations
• Oracle RAC and Oracle RAT
• Strong understanding of access management, auditing
• Strong understanding of Unix/Linux OS, storage, networking
• Shell/Perl/Python and/or any other scripting
• Delphix experience will be a big plus
• Strong understanding of full lifecycle software development
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Strong understanding or experience with AWS and/or other cloud platform