Strategic Communications, Senior
Location: McLean, VA
Your work will fall into three primary categories:
• In partnership with Corporate Communications, support large internal and external HR communication campaigns in key areas such as employee well-being, benefits, performance management, learning and development, inclusion and diversity, community engagement and talent acquisition among others. This includes writing, editing and submitting content to be published per an editorial calendar.
• Develop and execute communication plans for small-to-medium internal and external HR communications campaigns.
• Write and publish targeted communications to defined audiences that explain new or updated HR processes, activities or services.
HR Division Communications
• Manage the HR division editorial calendar and communications channels including weekly newsletter and intranet site.
• Support HR division events including Town Halls, Brown Bags, Learning Day and others.
• Provide writing and research support as needed for key projects to help tell the HR story.
• Typically has 5-8 years of related experience
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or other relevant subject.
• Superb writing, editing and proofreading skills, attention to detail.
• Experience in effective, inspiring, inventive visual storytelling
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and AP style guide.
• Knowledge of Web, social media, SharePoint, and content management and publishing technologies
Key to success in this role
• A sense of humor
• Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
• Change leadership
• Ability to work across silos
• Comfortable in the space between no longer and not yet
• Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and topics
• Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships inside and outside of HR
• Ability to use data to formulate and flex communications
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
Drive for Execution: Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
• Customer Focus: Deliver prompt and high-quality customer service
• Partnership Align myself and my team with what is right for the company, not just HR