BigData Developer - Senior
Location: McLean, VA
Position Overview :
Seeking a Senior BigData Developer to implement BigData tools and methods of data processing and ingestion as a member of the Credit Analytics and Reporting team.
o Cleanse, manipulate and analyze large datasets (Structured and Unstructured data – XMLs, JSONs, PDFs) using Hadoop platform.
o Develop Python, PySpark, Spark scripts to filter/cleanse/map/aggregate data.
o Manage and implement data processes (Data Quality reports)
o Develop data profiling, deduping logic, matching logic for analysis
o Programming Languages experience in Python, PySpark and Spark for data ingestion
o Programming experience in BigData platform using Hadoop platform
• Present ideas and recommendations on Hadoop and other technologies best use to management
• 5+ years of experience in processing large volumes and variety of data (Structured and unstructured data, writing code for parallel processing, XMLS, JSONs, PDFs)
• 3+ years of programming experience in Python, Spark for data processing and analysis.
• Strong SQL experience is a must
• 3+ years of experience – using Hadoop platform and performing analysis. Familiarity with Hadoop cluster environment and configurations for resource management for analysis work
• Detail oriented. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Degree in Statistics, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field