Database Administrator Specialist (Mongo DBA)
Location: Reston, VA
Database operations team is looking for a senior Database Administrator to provide database production support in a fast-paced operations environment, supporting 24x7 business critical applications using MongoDB platform. Database Administrator (DBA) will be responsible for day-to-day support that includes critical production support, database deployments, upgrades, patching, backup & recovery operations, performance tuning, off-hours and on-call support for variety of enterprise servers & aligned critical services.
• More than 7-10 years of experience working as senior database administration DBA position.
• Experience in working MongoDB versions v3.x incl. MongoDB replica sets at Enterprise level capacity.
• Good understanding of Mongo Ops Manager and ability to navigate & troubleshoot issues & configurations.
• Experience in MongoDB replica sets & identify gaps in current/proposed configurations in all environments.
• MongoDB replication experience is critical to ensure the database works as expected and will further propose solutions to improve performance, reliability and security aspects to be compliant.
• Solid experience of backup & recovery including point-in-time recovery and supporting configurations.
• Good understanding of Mongo core internals & ability to apply those skills to trouble-shoot real time issues.
• Strong performance tuning skills, ability to highlight performance bottlenecks of target environments.
• Exposure to Cloud offerings i.e. AWS and any supporting migration experience is a plus.
• Provide deployment support for database objects in production and test environment.
• Provide 24/7 on call production support on a rotation basis.
• Prior experience in migration between core platforms and database i.e. MSSQL to MongoDB platforms.
• Be able to independently plan and execute large database migration projects & communicate effectively.
• Experience in replication setup, backup & recovery of core database technologies i.e. MSSQL & MongoDB.
• Experience with standard database monitoring tools such as Ops Manager, Foglight or similar.
• Familiar with technologies like VMware/VMHA, SRDF and SRM used for database HA & DR solutions
• Knowledge and experience with enterprise wide disaster recovery activities.
• Effective verbal and writing communication skills.
• Good UNIX scripting skills.
• Experience working on Virtual platform using VMware and vSphere.
• Good understanding of Disaster Recovery setup and experience supporting business continuity exercises.
• Any experience with data encryption at enterprise level.
• Mongo certification along with AWS product offerings.